Started in mid 2017, Consilium Crypto is a leading company in quantitative data & analytics for digital assets. We are a Big Data company that collects billions of relevant data points from a variety of sources around the globe, distilling them into trading tools and analytics feeds. Our clients are typically from the financial services industry and include hedge funds, institutional investors, and exchanges. Consilium Crypto uses the latest machine learning approaches across a variety of structured and unstructured datasets with the goal of helping market participants analyze and trade digital assets efficiently.
Given the lack of institutional-grade data & analytics for digital assets, there is a void in the space that our products aim to fill. This problem is further compounded by the fact that digital asset markets are very fragmented, both in terms of information asymmetry and liquidity. Consilium Crypto has developed information pipelines and automation tools to capture and analyze granular market data for over 90% of all the trading volume in the world, in addition to numerous other splintered data sources. Our platform provides a 360-degree view of digital asset markets and investor activity for almost every tradable digital asset on Earth. We pass this value on to our clients in the form of analytics feeds, trading tools, and managed services.
We are looking for a highly motivated programmer with previous front-end or full-stack web development experience to join for a 5-month paid internship this winter(Nov ‘20 - April ‘21). You willreport directly to the CTO and will contribute to the expansion of our data visualizations as well as the interactive analytics dashboards. Our development team operates in an agile environment with weekly or bi-weekly product sprints. You will be expected to deliver efficient, clean, testable code as well as contribute to the prototyping and overall product development life cycle. You will be briefed on all aspects of the company and attend regular company-wide update meetings.
- Ability to work and communicate efficiently in an agile environment
- Expertise using React for developing new features and reusable components
- Extensive HTML/CSS/JS experience with projects to show
- Previous experience with charting/graphing libraries (Plotly)
- Solid grasp of Object-Oriented Programming principles and design patterns
- Bonus: Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Bonus: Experience with cloud services(AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Bonus: Previous data visualization / dashboard development
What Can You Expect
- Work closely with a highly-skilled team of programmers, data scientists and traders
- Lots of learning opportunities and support (both in-house and external)
- Fast paced work environment focused on customer-centric growth & development
- Exposure and networking in both the startup ecosystem and financial services industry
- Work space in one of Montreal’s tech startup hubs (and the perks that come with it)
- Dedicated, friendly and knowledgeable coworkers
Compensation for this position will be based on the experience and demonstrated skills of the candidate as well as industry benchmarks, and will consist of salary, equity options and commission. Consilium Crypto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes eligible candidates from all walks of life.
Consilium Crypto is a big data company that provides quantitative and qualitative insights to market participants in the digital asset space, including funds, family offices and exchanges.
Consilium analyzes 17,000 trading pairs, over 1000 assets, across 50+ exchanges, and tracks trading activity to the millisecond. Our system monitors raw transaction data, as well as complete price and liquidity information from order books around the globe. These data pipelines power our core products, designed to help funds find alpha and place large orders efficiently in times of thin liquidity.
For more information, send an email to email@example.com